CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thankfulness

Thanksgiving was a crazy busy weekend-- but it seems like all of our weekends are crazy busy in our lives. We always think- life will slow down, and it never does. We always find something to fill our days! We had 2 dinners on Thanksgiving- one with Paul's dad's side, and one with his mom's side. LOTS of food, as I am sure all of you can relate! We had a late lunch and an early dinner, so we just rolled home after it was all over.

Paul and I love to cook for Thanksgiving- we don't like to make traditional TG foods- we like to come up with unique things to bring. Each year we try to find something new and different to make. This year we made Brussels sprouts (and I just learned this year that it is "Brussels" not "brussel"), sweet potato au gratin, and crossaint and chocolate bread pudding. It was all incredible, if I may compliment ourselves. :-) VERY rich, but really good.

Silas had a festive outfit for the day:

Friday night, we had some excitment that we weren't anticipating and never hope for-- Jay's house (Paul's dad) caught on fire. They aren't exactly sure what caused it (as far as I know), and fortunately, caught it early, but there was a lot of smoke and other damage. Even though there was damage, I know they are thankful that they caught it when they did, and it was controlled quickly. They are working to clean it all up, but I am sure it is a mess.

This weekend made me think again about our past year and a half that we have been in Fairview. It has been a whirlwind of a time- with SO many life changing events that have taken place in such a short time, and I am so thankful that we were here for all of it. I am thankful for our family- I was a little intimidated about moving to a place with SO much family- but it has been more than I anticipated, and I will miss having my family close. Our church family has also been incredible, and I will really miss having that support system surrounding us.

We are excited for our new adventure in KC, but I will miss this place more than I ever thought I would! Today I had a play date and lunch with 2 friends- and I will miss both of them so much! Thanks for loving me!!

1 comment:

Eddie, Abbey and Estela Isabel said...

Awwwww, so cute. How we miss you guys!