Wow- it has been a long couple of weeks! We officially have moved in, and we are so excited to be here- most of the time! We are DEFINITELY still adjusting and will be for some time, but it is nice to be on the road to being settled.
We are loving our house- it feels like so much space! It is almost twice the size of any place we have ever lived, and it is amazing how it just doesn't take long to fill up the space you have! But we aren't bursting at the seams, either, like we were in other places we have lived. Some things we love about our house--
--The bedrooms are upstairs! So nice to put kiddos to bed and not feel like we have to tiptoe around the whole time they are sleeping so not to wake them up!
--We have a big kitchen! Lots of room to work and have more than a couple people in there at a time.
--We have a separate dining room. I love having meals as a family! It makes us feel so connected to each other. And now that we are actually cooking and eating at home again, it is a good time to be together. Silas is eating so much now! Lots of baby food, but he is also beginning to enjoy some table food! He loves Cheerios and gets so excited when we get them out! I don't know what moms did before there were Cheerios.
--Our family room. We got new furniture for that space- a recliner (for Paul-- but I am pretty sure Micah has claimed it and thinks it is just for him) and a sectional couch. It's awesome. All of the toys are in that room- I think we spend 95% of our time there!
--Our "grown-up" living room. We had friends here to visit us this weekend, and Adam was very excited to "retire to the sitting room" after kiddos were in bed. It is a great space (with no toys!) to be grown-ups. We turned on the fireplace and talked- it was great.
--All of our windows. We have 39 windows in our house. I get a little overwhelmed when I think about blinds, curtains, etc for all of them (right now we have sheets over some of them in the bedrooms, just so we can change clothes without turning off the neighbors!) but I LOVE the light and openness they give to our house. Even when it is cold outside, our windows let in so much light and warmth it makes our space so inviting!
--Micah loves the stairs. (They make me a little nervous.) he has so much fun going upstairs to play, coming downstairs to play. He sits on them to read sometimes-- lots of fun. He also loves to race cars on our hardwood floors.
I need to take pics and post them- I haven't gotten to that point yet. Maybe this week I will!
Paul starts "work" this week. I am not exactly sure what that will entail. He wants to get a job at a local coffee shop or restaurant, so I am sure he will start looking for that, and he is preaching in Topeka next Sunday, so he needs to write a sermon. We will miss having him around all the time! He has been SUCH a great help with the kids, with the house, and we love having him at home all the time to play with! But at the same time, it will be really good to get back into a routine. I think we all need it.
An update on Silas-- he started crawling yesterday!!! Hooray! He is not quite to the "taking off across the room" yet, but he will go a few feet. He is working so hard on it. It is really sweet. I think Paul took some pics, so I will try to find them and post them soon. He is getting so big! I am very thankful to Jesus that Silas waited until we had been here 2 weeks before he started crawling. It made our move and transition much easier, not worrying about where he was.
pictures soon! (I hope-- my track record isn't very good! :-)
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good thing you blogged. I thought I was going to have to have a talk with you about that soon! HA!!!
So, glad you are getting settled in your home. It sounds wonderful! I just can't wait till we get to see it. Silas will have lots of room to try out his new crawling skills.
We miss you tons! Love ya!
I'm so glad you are feeling a bit settled. We can't wait to come visit and see your new house!
Yay Silas! I can't believe he's big enough to crawl. Wow, our babies are growing up so fast.
I can't believe Silas, Mr. Smiley, is crawling. I miss seeing his little smile at church. I miss you all too! I am so glad you are starting to feel settled! We will be praying for Paul to find a job. Can't wait to see the pics.
Yay! It was good to get your email yesterday (or Paul's) and to hear about your house, etc. Love the "sitting room". : ) Enjoy getting settled into the next chapter of your adventure!!!
Glad to hear you're enjoying your new home! Isn't it fun to make a place your own?! We miss you all and look forward to seeing you at the end of the month.
Post a Comment