Anyway..
Paul was filling the pulpit at the last minute, and I wanted to go with him. At 9:45 this morning, I remembered that we were supposed to be in the 2 year old class at FMB that morning. Good thing I remembered at 9:45 and not later! So I went to church with the boys, and Paul preached alone.
This afternoon, we just played. Silas loves his feet lately, and is always trying to get them in his mouth. Micah and Paul tried to do it too....
Tonight at church we had an important meeting- at least for Paul and I. Our church voted on and approved a proposal to become the mother church for the church plant Paul and I are starting next year. This was HUGE for us for many reasons- they are committing to prayer, financial, and physical support over the next 3-5 years. We are so thankful for that. But ultimately, we are SO THANKFUL for the encouragement, love and support that the people of this church have poured over us during our time here. We are excited that we will continue to be under that blanket of love for several years to come.
Here is the funniest part of the day-- tonight we were getting kiddos ready for bed, and Micah ran over to Silas and was laying on top of him. He has trouble with boundries sometimes. :-) Paul put him in timeout for smashing his brother. While Micah was in timeout, we hear him singing "Deep and Wide.... Deep and Wide... there's a fountain flowing deep and wide..." We were laughing in the living room (where he couldn't see us) thinking--- here he is, in timeout (and obviously not upset about it) singing Bible songs. Is this a punishment? So he comes out of timeout, apologizes to Silas, and promptly smashes Silas' face with his fists. So back to timeout he goes, and is upset for a second or two about being in time out. Then we hear "The wiseman built his house upon the rock...." He had so much passion as he was singing-- it was fantastic and we couldn't help laughing at our child, in timeout, singing to Jesus, and thinking... maybe we need to revisit our discipline method. :-)
Here's a couple fall pics- Silas is getting big and starting to sit up, and Micah loves the leaves!
6 comments:
Silas looks like such a little grown up sitting in those leaves. Love the story about Micah's discipline. How funny! We were thrilled for you last night and the support you received. Have a good day!
Hooray about your "Mother Church"! (That sounds funny... like a mother ship or something...) And the time-out story was hilarious. : ) As was the picture of Paul trying to eat his toes... very nice!
when you guys land on the right discipline method... let us know!
- Adam
I am sitting in class and trying not to laugh about your son getting time out for smashing his brother! And then singing through it. :) How adorable!! You must have so much fun with your three boys! Thanks for the stories.
I can not believe how big Silas is getting. I am so glad that the church is going to back you on your future plans. I hope the house search this weekend brings you good news. I will keep praying that all the pieces fall together. I love the story about Micah singing. It is so hard to stay upset with a little one singing to God in the process. How sweet are our lives!
Amanda, I had to laugh about Micah sitting in timeout, singing songs to his God. Just like Paul and Silas (coincidence???) in Acts, when they were jailed. What did they do? Sang songs of praise to their God. And what happened? An earthquake that broke open the doors! Hmmm...do you think Micah's singing, and hoping for a jailbreak??!!
Post a Comment