CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkins


A few weeks ago, we took the kids to a pumpkin patch- we had a blast! The day was beautiful- a great sunny, fall day. The pumpkin patch was at a farm that had all kinds of things to do- a "petting zoo" with farm animals- goats, pigs, a llama, rabbits, and ponies. Micah got to feed some of the animals- it was a little intimidating for him to reach out with food, but he had fun watching the animals try to get it.

I think he wanted to get in the pen with the pig!!!

Silas had fun watching all the animals- his eyes were pretty big all day, taking it all in.

There was also this train that Micah got to ride-- he was the only one riding this HUGE train- Paul could have gone with him, but he tried to get in the little car, and it almost tipped over backwards-- very funny. So Micah went on his own- it was a long ride! I was proud of him, being so brave riding all by himself. He had a lot of fun, though.

After the train ride, we took a tractor ride out to the pumpkin patch. Micah wanted to look at EVERY pumpkin-- and of course, the rotten, mushy ones were the most intriguing.
He finally picked one-- I think the best part of his whole day was pushing it in a dump truck. Dump trucks make everything fun, right?

When we got home, of course we had to take a lot of pictures with our pumpkins! Silas is so happy right now-- always smiling! and Micah is too goofy to smile "right"-- I don't know how families take good pictures of everyone! But this captures his spirit, I suppose... I have 2 SWEET BOYS!!


the finished product....

3 comments:

Melissa Ens said...

Yay! I'm so glad you started a blog!!! : ) Just remember... blogs aren't worth feeling guilty over! Good job on starting one and telling us all about it! (I remember being sort of nervous about doing that...)

Your little guys are so cute and getting so big! Fun to see them...

Alyssa said...

They are adorable! I appreciate being updated on your lives! Thanks for updating us!

Sweet Pea said...

I'm so glad you have started a blog. Micah's blog is one of them that inspired me to start one. Have a good day and Happy Blogging!