CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

quiet house

Both boys are sleeping (hooray!!) and Paul is out running, so I have a quiet house this evening. Hopefully, the boys sleep well tonight. Silas still isn't even close to sleeping through the night, and as I remember with Micah, this is the point where it REALLY starts to wear on me. I have never been very good at letting my babies cry it out at all, and so it makes for long nights and a long process of learning to sleep through the night. I am jealous of my friends who have babies who sleep well-- but at the same time, I don't know if I am willing to go through the crying part. Last night we let him cry awhile... 10 minutes before we went in to him! it's a start... but I still don't think I can let him cry for very long. Sleep training is NOT my greatest strength. But it will come, right?? Micah sleeps well now.... it just took a long time. Hopefully it won't take Silas as long, but I have a feeling we are headed down the same road. oh well.... someday when I am old I will sleep all night.

Today we had a family picture taken at church for the directory-- this was photo shoot #3 in less than a week. We took pics last week at JCP of our family and the boys, a pastoral staff pic last week also, and then today. I am pretty sure Micah is pictured out, and I am tired of trying to find matching clothes for all of us! I can't imagine families with lots of kids, how they ever get everyone to look good at once, let alone look in the same direction at the same time. We only have 2 kids, and pictures are hard work! Today, both boys were sleeping right before we had to go, and we tried to wake them up. Both of them woke up, then fell back asleep! Our kids, who don't like to sleep at night, won't wake up in the middle of the afternoon! ARG! Micah cried and whined all the way up to the picture, then did great. Silas is always all smiles.

Here's a pic of our family from last week:


We are headed back to KC this weekend to look at more houses. We went a few weekends ago, and found one we like, but we aren't sure we can afford it. I am praying that we find one this weekend that we like just as well, but cheaper. What a process, looking at/buying a house! It has been a lot of fun so far, but pretty overwhelming. We are learning a lot. I am excited to find a house and settle!! We have about 16 we want to look at this weekend-- a lot to sort through. It should be fun!

2 comments:

Sweet Pea said...

Love the "Fall" photo of you guys!!! You all match perfectly (even with the background) and are all looking at the camera with smiles! Great Photo!!! I'm already a little concerned about our pictuers at church because Hunter has become to NOT like cameras. Everytime I have gotten mine out lately he turns the other way.

Happy "house hunting" this weekend!

Adam P. Penner said...

great picture... can't wait to hear house news...??